Annual performance reviews are a key component of employee development. The performance review is intended to be a fair and balanced assessment of an employee's performance. The objective of the annual review is to provide all employees and managers an opportunity to:
- Discuss the job performance
- Set goals for professional development
- Establish objectives for contributing to the department's missions
- Discuss expectations and accomplishments.
- Understand development progress of the employee.
THE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION FORM SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Employee name.
- The department.
- When the review should be completed.
- The review period under discussion.
- The position.
- The manager's name.
- Key elements
Below is an example a rating scale system. apply this to any skill or competency:
RATING TOTAL POINTS
Consistently Exceeds Expectations 5
Fully Achieves and Occasionally Exceeds Expectations 4
Fully Achieves Expectations 3
Sometimes Achieves Expectations 2
Unsatisfactory (Performance Improvement Plan Required) 1
Final PR Rating: ___________
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES HAVE BEEN DEVELOPED AND DISCUSSED WITH EMPLOYEE?
JOB DUTIES AND PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS HAVE BEEN DISCUSSED WITH EMPLOYEE?
APPROPRIATE CORRECTIVE ACTION HAS BEEN DISCUSSED WITH EMPLOYEE?